Monday, June 9, 2008

Priyanka Jain Topped in HSC Results

Priya Ramakrishnan,, DNA

‘Tuitions weren’t necessary’The Mumbai division topper, Priyanka Jain, 17, proved that coaching classes are not necessary to bag the top slot. Securing 95.6 per cent in Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) exams, Priyanka credits her college for her success.

“I got a call from a friend saying that I had topped the Mumbai division. I didn’t believe them. I thought someone was playing a prank on me,” said this Atomic Energy Junior College, Tarapur student, “My brother too topped Thane district in class XII exams in 2004. I am just taking the family tradition forward.”

A music buff, she continued watching TV even during her exams. “I studied for four hours and spent the rest of my time at college.” Besides topping the state, Priyanka is also the topper in the girl’s category. Priyanka plans to pursue a career in Electronics and is awaiting her Common Entrance Test (CET) results this month.

Her college principal Rajshekar Rao, said this was the first time in 20 years that a girl from our college topped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Jain News

MOST VIEWED NEWS