In the elections of Maharashtra Legislative assembly, 7 MLAs from Jain community were elected. Here is the list of the elected MLAs.
1. Chainsukh Sancheti from Malkapur constituency (BJP)
2. Rajendra Darda from Aurangabad East (Congress)
3. Prashant Bumb from Gangapur (Independent)
4. Omprakash Pokarna from Nanded South (Congress)
5. Mangal Prabhat Lodha from Malbar Hill (BJP)
6. Suresh Dada Jain from Jalgaon City (Shivsena)
7. Prakash Mehta from Ghatkopar (BJP)
There are 288 seats in Maharashtra assembly. So the percentage of Jain MLAs stands 2%+. This is much more than the percentage of Jains according to census in population of Maharashtra, which is 1.3%
Following Jain candidates failed to win the elections:
1. Prakash Awade from Ichalkaranji (Congress)
2. Rajesh Patni from Karanja (Shivsena)
3. Rajendra Pipada from Shirdi (Shivsena)
4. Rahul Pugliya from Ballarpur (Congress)
5. Rajkumar Bafna from Malbar Hill (Congress)
6. Bharat Parekh from Charkop (Congress)
Latest Jain News
MOST VIEWED NEWS
TOI NEW DELHI: People belonging to minority groups, including Muslims, Jains and Sikh, will now need a certificate to prove their religious...
UK Jains Prepare To Celebrate Traditional Festival By Emma Foster, Community Newswire Jains across the UK are preparing to celebrate their ...
A question is being asked that How to get a minority certificate? Who will issue a minority certificate etc. The answer is that there is...
March 8: The state government declared on Monday that along with Muslims and Christians, Jains too will be considered as religious minorit...
Recently I visited Udaygiri-Khandgiri caves near Bhuvaneshwar in Orissa. While other devotee Jains were putting their heads on the feet of L...
In the elections of Maharashtra Legislative assembly, 7 MLAs from Jain community were elected. Here is the list of the elected MLAs. 1. Cha...
Ashima Jain celebrating with her family at her house in Karol Bagh in New Delhi on Friday. NEW DELHI: One of the lanes in Karol Bagh has r...
By D.N.Jha THE JAINS, who constitute hardly one per cent of the country’s population, continue to adhere to the tenets of their religion. T...
TOI BELGAUM: The Dakshin Bharat Jain Sabha will honour 19 achievers with different awards during its 91st quarterly session which is schedu...
Chandigarh: It was now or never for 28-year-old Lalit Jain, who, despite three unsuccessful UPSC attempts, did not lose patience. Braving t...